View Single Post
Old July 16, 2004, 01:31 AM   #5
springfieldmaniac

Your correct.The situation went downhill quickly when they were given two opportunities to remedy the situation,and failed miserably at both attempts.I didn't send myself the insulting e-mail,so how should I feel? If I explained the situation in detail,and what I used on the gun,and then they insist that an abrasive was used.They send me that abrupt e-mail and the gun back to me unfixed,wouldn't you feel your integrity was called into question?? I then go a step further to speak with the supervisor on the phone and he still offers no resolution,and still questions my story.I now have my gun sitting in front of me with one range/cleaning session on it since spending over $450.00 (not including shipping) with Wilson Combat.The finish is defective,there is no parkerizing under the gun kote. I only got the gun solvent on the parts where it pooled towards the end of the barrel and mag tube when I was cleaning the barrel.The last couple inches of the barrel and magazine extension is where most of the damage occurred.This of course means the rest of the finish on the gun is also defective,but is still intact because I didn't use any solvent on the rest after what happend early in the cleaning procedure.The product was a gun scrubber,I'm not sure of the name brand,perhaps Birchwood Casey.It makes no difference the brand,and frankly you have the same attitude and tone as the supervisor did when I tried to fairly resolve the issue before making this post.I have never been treated so crappy before from a so called reputable company that makes claims about their products and services that are false.I'm also sorry I didn't research every firearms forums to find out how poorly Wilson Combat actually rates.Now I'm supposed to eat another few hundred dollars to fix their mistakes with another gunsmith? If you think I didn't get screwed then I lost all faith in people.

Last edited by springfieldmaniac; July 16, 2004 at 11:36 AM.

Page generated in 0.02954 seconds with 8 queries