View Single Post
Old June 23, 2013, 02:32 AM   #45
Shadow9mm

Between .40 and .45, personally, I would pick 45. I have owned handguns in 9mm, 40, and 45 and am issued a 40 for my duty weapon and I just don't like 40. I know a lot of people who like 40; it’s just not for me. I feel like the round has a sharper snap to it both in recoil and muzzle rise than either 9mm or 45. Also 45 ACP is relatively forgiving for a new re-loader. I started reloading 9mm and branched out to 45 shortly after and I would take 45acp any day. I have also heard and personally seen that the 40 is a bit harder on guns than some other calibers. In contrast that 45 has a slower, and more deliberate recoil cycle, that I feel recoils less upwards with the barren and straighter back. Personally I have chosen 9mm as my go to round, and here is why. I feel that, in general, most handgun rounds are poor man stoppers, to do this job properly and with authority I feel you need a rifle. This being the case I chose 9mm because it has mild recoil and muzzle allowing me get my gun on, and keep it on target faster and more easily. Also 9mm gives me the largest capacity, generally 2-3 more rounds that 40 and 4-7 more round than 45. Also 9mm is a round that my wife feels much more comfortable shooting, meaning she is more willing to go shooting with me, and would be in a much better and more comfortable place to use it, God forbid she ever had to. And most importantly I can actually enjoy shooting it, the recoil is mild and I can shoot it all day long without worrying that my hands are going to be sore or tired. To each their own, pick what you like and have fun! My next purchase will probably be either a Ruger SR1911 in 45acp, or a Ruger GP 100 in 357mag, probably the 1911 as I miss the 1911 I had to sell to pay bills a couple years back.

Page generated in 0.03306 seconds with 8 queries