Thread: What is "moly"
View Single Post
Old February 7, 2013, 02:42 PM   #8
Clark

I have been moly coating bullets for 11 years.
I think moly allows me more accurate shots before I have to clean Copper from the bore when shooting between 2600 and 3600 fps.

It does not help as much as having a select match barrel that has been lapped at the factory and is mirror smooth inside.

I started out with the Lyman kit; ceramic media, vibrator, screen separator, moly powder
I evolved into using BBs and magnetic separation.
Then I went to using bottles filled with just a few BBs or none at all, and the bottle thrown in a large vibrator with Walnut media.
Now I use a duck taped up bottle and put it in a Thumbler's Tumbler with no media.

I got started from something Walt Berger put on his web site before he sold his bullet company[I]

{Sorry. Good info, but kind of stretches the board copyrighted information policy. Could you put in a link instead? If there is none, we should drop WB a line and get his express permission.}

Here is some good info
http://www.6mmbr.com/bulletcoating.html
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?

Last edited by Unclenick; February 7, 2013 at 05:18 PM.

Page generated in 0.02953 seconds with 8 queries