Thread: Safest Handgun?
View Single Post
Old December 26, 2008, 10:25 PM   #19
true_pair

hello native57,
Welcome to the forum. I agree with some of the other members that a safety course would be a good idea followed by some gun rentals at your local gun shop/range. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) your question is about safety features on a handgun. As far a semi auto pistols you can get them without external safety which means when a rounds is chambered and the trigger is pulled the gun fires (glocks and Kahrs etc), or with an external safety, which means when a round is chambered and the external safety is engaged the gun will not fire until the external safety is disengaged(this is a very broad explanation).On some guns this external safety will also safely decock the firearm. I would say after taking the course first decide which type of hand gun you want to purchase (Revolver or a Semi Auto pistol) and then decide if you want to buy one with an external safety or not. Some good brands in your price range would be Ruger, Taurus, CZ. YMMV
Good luck

BEN FRANKLIN

Page generated in 0.03327 seconds with 8 queries