View Single Post
Old February 5, 2014, 04:26 PM   #50
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Then why title is with the caveat of being the most accurate 1000yd deer caliber?
If you READ the thread, the OP is asking about a cartridge that is good to 1,000 yards and ALSO a good deer cartridge. NOTHING says he's shooting deer at 1000 yards. That's an ASSUMPTION from the title, which is clarified in...

The second sentence in the OP:

Quote:
I would like to see what everyone thinks shoots the tightest groups at 1000 yards between say 243 ,25-06,260,270,280,7 mm 08,308 and also is a good deer rifle.
Then, just 7 posts later:

Quote:
Let me clarify my statement a little better it may have been a bit vague.A gun with low kick on my end that would be as accurate as possible for a little fun at the range on the bench while being also a good still hunt deer rifle say out to 300-400 yards. Whats your best choice and why.
Then, just 11 posts later, another member once again clarifies the intent (which was already obvious):

Quote:
OP re-stated his desires, 300-400 yards on deer, and the potential for 1000 yards on paper/steel.
Then, just 5 posts later, even though the OP WASN'T really unclear, he reiterates:

Quote:
Sorry the OP was to broad and vague.Lets adapt the post to be more beneficial. I will try to do better in the future. Since the 1000 is an unrealistic target for a 300 -400 yard deer gun and scope without modification. And the weight of an actual competition 1000 yard bench gun is to much for hunting. I know the 308 is a top choice in 1000 yard and is more than adequate for deer.
There isn't the slightest confusion for anyone who took the time to read as far as the second sentence of the OP, say nothing of at least 3 clarifications in the next 25 posts.

Page generated in 0.02561 seconds with 8 queries