View Single Post
Old August 9, 2012, 09:27 AM   #16
snuffy

Quote:
I won't be using that lubricant again.
Let me guess, Hornady one shot????¿

That story about stuck cases gets repeated on these forums about 4 times each year. Each time it's the infamous HOS that's to blame. The problem is with the application. It HAS to be uniform from top to the bottom ,(head), of the case. The head/base is the most difficult to size, so it requires the most lube. If the spray doesn't cover there, the case gets stuck. Setting the cases in a loading block so the head/base is down in a deep hole, then spraying them, results in the head not getting any lube.

Then there's the expense of the HOS. A tin of imperial will last for years, a can of HOS maybe a month. Compare prices, it's very expensive. Another thing, HOS is a wax suspended in a solvent carrier. If you DON'T give the carrier time to evaporate, the wax won't/don't work, stuck case again!

I use the midway FA spray lube. Identical to the dillon stuff. I simply toss the shells to be lubed in a tub,(ice cream container), spray a couple of squirts into-onto the cases, then shake-rattle-and roll them around for a minute. Some of the lube gets inside the necks so I don't have to worry about the expander drag.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.04066 seconds with 8 queries