View Single Post
Old June 30, 2008, 12:09 PM   #5
Rifleman 173

Having been to Arizona, you guys have a LOT of land out there that just invites use of a good, scoped and high-powered rifle. No doubt about it, something like an M1A is just about the ideal rifle for where you live. If I lived there, an M1A or a really good AR-10 or 6.5 Grendel would be one of my mainstay rifles for shooting hundreds and hundreds of yards. I would probably have 3 different scopes for each of my high powered rifles and lots of match grade ammo for them. One scope would be for night time use. One scope would be a variable 10 by 40 or 50 power scope for those really long range shots. The other would be a 4 by 12 variable for intermediate shots. And, of course, I would have metal sights for the high speed and close range shooting scenarios.

My pistol of choice would be a compact Glock 19 for carry purposes on me. And I would have a Glock 17 with 20 round or Scherer high capacity 32+ round magazines for around the car and office. Both pistols would have night sights on them and maybe rails for a flashlight or laser that I could mount on them. I might also consider going with a bigger caliber Glock pistol depending on circumstances or what I was doing. But for over all use, the 9 mm Glocks give good performance and decent ammo amounts to use for those sudden unexpected social events.

I would also have all of my guns done in desert brown or sand brown because the black color draws a lot more heat which can be very uncomfortable out there in the summer time.

Page generated in 0.02239 seconds with 8 queries