View Single Post
Old August 22, 2011, 03:42 AM   #28
Mike / Tx

Quote:
Mac1
I recently bought the Lee TL die system. All I have is conventional moulds. Is there any reason one can not TL a traditional cast boolit? Thanks, Mac
Hey Mac1, here are a couple of links which might help out with your question,

First Home Poured thru the 454....

Cast Boolits > Boolit Lube Page !

The first is my initial step into the world of shooting my own cast boolits. I did extensive research on everything about it well before I got up enough grits to actually drop the hammer on one. Not that I was overly concerned about failure, just I had a very bad experience with leading years ago in my 41mag, which left me with VERY bad feeling towards cast in magnum calibers.

The mold I am using is not a TL design, but after reading hours and hours worth of post where folks were using or referring to using ALOX, I figured I might as well use it since I had it. Since then I have ordered materials, and made up some of what is called Felix Lube also. I have used it to pan lube these same with no issues either.

The second link is to the "Lubes" section of the Castboolit site. There you will find just about every conceivable method of applying or mixing of lubes to use on CB's. There are several post, and a sticky, on using the ALOX to lube up your CB's.

I also highly recommend touching base with White Label Lubes, he is the man with the plan on lubes. Tell him what your looking at doing, and he has what you need and it works, and works well, and you won't break the bank getting it.

Hope this helps

Page generated in 0.02778 seconds with 8 queries