View Single Post
Old July 15, 2012, 05:54 PM   #10
rep1954

I have owned two Berreta 21's and found them to be much more finikey than my Taurus PLY22. In fact my Taurus has had at least 1200 rounds through it with no problems at all. You have to use good quality ammo in either gun and keep them clean. My Berretas use to have ejection troubles around 60 to 80 rounds and I will run 100 rounds through the Taurus and it still runs good, I do however clean it after every trip to the range. I shoot CCI Mini Mags in my PLY22 and use it only as a practice gun because it is a DAO trgger and I use it even more for dry fire practice at home. I Wouldn't try to carry the Beretta cocked and locked as the safties seem to difficult and small to opperate reliable enough for emergency situations. For small gun carry I favor DBL actions and no safety use. Both the Berreta and the Taurus can become difficult guns for weak people to use during a clear and rechamber by using the slides as they are both small to grab and cycle for some folks. I dont approve of 22LR for self defense use but for people that have problems and thats the way they want to go I would suggest a S&W Model 317 Lite Weight J Frame revolver.

Page generated in 0.02527 seconds with 8 queries