Thread: 922r compliance
View Single Post
Old July 20, 2013, 06:28 AM   #15
Webleymkv

Quote:
But really though a Tapco slant brake is just that...a muzzle brake. So even the very nature of a Tapco slant brake is open to interpretation? Just trying to clarify before I get the threading done to my Saiga. I just wanna keep things legal. And I don't want to do anything else. I just want a muzzle brake.
Were the interpretation up to me, I'd agree with you since the slant brake does very little, if anything, to hide muzzle flash, but then again if it were up to me 922(r) and 925(d)(3) wouldn't even exist as I think they're rather silly laws to begin with. Unfortunately, the interpretation is not up to you or me but rather to the ATF which is known for overly broad and nonsensical interpretations. The best advice I can give you is to contact the ATF and see what they say. Other than that, the safest option would be to simply assume that a muzzle brake does trigger 922(r) and swap out four other compliance parts before installing one. If you don't want to do a pistol grip conversion, the use of U.S.-made magazines like SGM Tactical and one other part such as handguards or a gas piston would be enough to make you compliant.

Page generated in 0.03594 seconds with 8 queries