View Single Post
Old April 22, 2001, 06:36 PM   #95
Dangus

Quote:
Dangus' point, that "kids like him" don't deserve to die, is a good point. Dangus, you're right: kids like you don't deserve to die. However, this law actually lowers the chance that kids like you will die of their own stupidity. How's that? Kids like you usually straighten out like you did. But not all of them do. Some of them go on to worse and worse things, and ultimately throw their lives away. Laws like this help prevent kids from taking any real steps on the road which ends in jail or the electric chair. Kids like you should know, in your guts, that thievery isn't just wrong, it's dangerous. Not every one of you will have to pee on the electric fence for himself.
Kill a few to scare the rest into submission? I highly disagree with that attitude. At that point in my life anything that was done to me because of the things I was doing was taken as an extreme personal insult, and had such violence been directed at me, it would have taught me to do the same thing, shoot first, ask questions later. If homeowners had been shooting me for simply walking around breaking things, you bet I woulda got my own gun and I certainly had the ability to. I don't mean the legal ways either, I knew drug dealers(no I never did drugs, I just knew them) who could have even gotten me a LAW or a M-60(and yes, I saw them in their possession). If the danger had been there I know myself well enough to say that I would have escalated the violence, not cowered in the face of it. I was not one to back down when confronted. What pulled me out of it then? Church, a few good teachers, even the Discovery Channel to some extent. Learning and enlightenmnet were my way out, not threats. If intimidation were the way out than the police would have gotten me out of it much faster than they did, I was certainly arrested enough times.

Honestly I don't know what to say for those people who had their property destroyed by me. I certainly shouldn't have done it, but they'll never get repayment from me, and mostly because I have no way to ever repay them or even to find them and know what I broke or stole. I should not have done it, and I certainly should have been caught more than I was, but shot for it? No, that wouldn't have improved anything. Hit with a taser? Well yah, I deserved that. Getting maced, I deserved that too. A good charge from an electric fence probably would have been a good wakeup call as well, but nobody did any of that, and fortunately I'm ok now. I work hard for the right to bear arms, but I don't do so because I support the careless destruction of life, I do so because I support the preservation of valuable lives, lives that are only endangered because someone else endangers them. A JBT bashes down your door, he better have a good vest, a thug tries to steal your wallet or your car by threatening your life, he better be fast, but if some kid steals a stupid bird, hopefully he'll get a good beating for it, maybe a fun time tangled up on an electric fence, and then later on he'll get his act together. You want hispanic culture to improve you must preserve the lives of those you teach the lessons to. If this homeowner had gone out there and beaten this kid till hospitalization it would be a whole different issue than shooting him, cause then that kid could go back to where he is from and those around him could see the scars and hear the stories and actually learn something.

All I know is that if it were my 14 year old, I would get my rifle and I would go to that house and kill that homeowner. Sorry if you don't agree with that, but anyone shoots my kid over a chicken and he better be on alert for snipers wherever he goes cause I won't stop until one of us is dead.

I twist the facts until they tell the truth. -Some intellectual sadist

"Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Page generated in 0.03543 seconds with 8 queries