View Single Post
Old January 17, 2012, 04:04 PM   #15
Spats McGee
Staff

I'm also puzzled by the decision to enter through a window. According to the story:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC
The Huntington Beach police department, which is investigating the incident, said in a press release that officers had responded to reports that transients were living in an abandoned trailer at the Ocean View Estates Mobile Home Park.

“Police officers knocked on the doors and windows and yelled inside, but received no response,” Lt. Russell Reinhard said in the press release. “They entered the trailer and were charged by a pit-bull terrier dog that weighed about 100 pounds. The police officers feared for their safety and one police officer fired his handgun, striking the dog and killing it.”

Reinhard repeatedly referred to the property as abandoned, and made a reference to Robert Conger as its former owner.
(Emphasis supplied). So let me see if I've got this straight: Police had received reports of transients squatting in a trailer, so they knocked on doors and windows and yelled inside. When they got no response, they decided to go in through a window with no warrant. . .

I do hope that there's more to the story, because that decision really makes no sense as it stands.

Last edited by Spats McGee; January 17, 2012 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Clarification

Page generated in 0.02271 seconds with 8 queries