View Single Post
Old February 26, 2013, 02:02 PM   #25
Darto

I have an '62 Police Colt 2nd generation I bought new years ago. Great gun. I use Dixie's civil war style holster (army holsters are kind of boring, check Ebay for lots of custom holsters cheap).

However that baby Remington picture in this thread looks like a much smaller gun than my Colt.

I have Lyman's old Blackpowder Handbook (1975) It lists a cylinder completely full of FFFFg as perfectly fine for using in the '62 police. As well as FFFg of course and Pyrodex P (Pyrodex was the only replica back in those days.

Remminton #10 are smaller caps than CCI #10. My Colt likes the smaller Remmington caps.

There are lots of Eley stickers and cap boxes with Eley stickers on them, these are the most accurate to dump whatever caps you buy into. Colt's original cases guns had the Eley cap box in it.

Just my random thoughts (man that little Remington looks cool, so tiny)!

Anyways, if you buy FFFFg for a flintlock pan and need to use it for something else too in order to use it all up, the '62 police is a good choice.

Also loads in FFFFg were listed and recommended for Colt 1851 Navy, Colt 1860 Army, 1848 and 1849 Colt baby dragoon and pocket. And even the Ruger Old Army 45. Something about the cylinder gap makes using FFFFg OK. Once again 1975 edition Lyman Black Powder Handbook (can usually find it for about $5 on Amazon). 238 pages about 160 of which are actual tested and recommended loads for many black powder guns of all type.

Page generated in 0.04634 seconds with 8 queries