Thread: Trail Cams
View Single Post
Old August 30, 2011, 10:21 AM   #14
tynimiller

We've had terrible problem with battery life in our $80 Bushnell...however our Primos 60 and Primos 46 have ran great (granted these are a little more pricey than the Moultrie).

Trail cams are great but you have to be careful about them. We've only had good luck with sustaining action around them if you put them on foodplots, mineral licks or feeding spots...the one time we positioned it on a trail and also a heavy creek crossing the camera seemed to deplete the action over time. (obviously could just be coincedence) But we've decided to just put them where we actually frequent a decent amount of times (foodplots, mineral licks or feeders) as to not have to spread our scent more than needed simply to pull chip and replace batteries.

I've attached acouple recent shots from the Bushnell and then the Primos, both with light though. The Bushnell's night performance is where the price difference is seen:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SUNP0402.jpg (261.2 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg PRMS0133.jpg (265.1 KB, 65 views)

Page generated in 0.03651 seconds with 9 queries