View Single Post
Old July 7, 2001, 12:46 PM   #17
Walt Sherrill

Re: the P-210

The Wild Romanian wrote: "Why bother even shooting a lesser pistol. I own just about all of the major brand and many minor brand 9mm's. None of them even come close to the accuracy, balance, beauty and sheer joy of ownership of the Fantasic Sig P210."

Well, if you shoot in any combat sports, like IPSC or IDPA, you'll find that the P-210 is not particularly well-suited to that venue.

The mag exchanges are terribly difficult and slow, and the sights will slice you if you're not careful. (I had to take a dremel to the edges of the rear sight to keep for bleeding during a match.)

The P-210 is a marvelous gun. Wonderfully accurate. Almost indestructible. Holds its value. But to tell you the truth, I shoot my CZ-85 Combat better in a combat simulation, and while its not as accurate, at 25 yds or less, the difference in accuracy just doesn't matter.

Mine is for sale at our local gun shop, on consignment. I've just bought a new pickup, and I want to reimburse myself. ($1550, including 1 extra SIG mag and 3 aftermarket magazines that work perfectly [after a lot of tweaking!]. I expect it to sell quickly, for about that price. New ones cost $300 - $400 more, and they don't have the match trigger or the extra mags...)

Page generated in 0.03623 seconds with 8 queries