View Single Post
Old January 17, 2012, 01:45 PM   #5
Fingers McGee

Pretty much what MJN77 said.

The Uberti L&Rs can be found with the correct blank cylinder. They seem to alternate making roll engraved and blank cylinder models. My newest one - from 2007 - has a blank cylinder. Pietta also made a Leech and Rigdon for Navy Arms with blank cylinder. The Uberti & Pietta blank cylinder models turn up on GA, GB, and AA from time to time.

Then there is the illusive Schneider and Glassick. It was brass framed .36 with octagonal barrel & blank cylinder. A number of replica makers have sold these over the years. EMF and Dixie still list the Pietta version with the roll engraved cylinder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Watson
I noted in the HoW finale that Cullen was brandishing a brass framed revolver otherwise like an 1860 Colt. Total bogus.
He's been toting it the entire series. There is a plethora of non-historically correct weaponry used in HOW.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce

Page generated in 0.03372 seconds with 8 queries