View Single Post
Old August 2, 2014, 04:06 PM   #17
Unlicensed Dremel

I understand people's experiences and opinions are different, which is fine. But just as a contemporaneous example: Two days ago, I was literally on my hands and knees crawling through some of the thickest briars I've ever crawled through (pig hunting), with a rifle - and have scratches to show for it. It was bad enough worrying about not plugging the bore with mud (also going up and down creek banks in these briars) - surely didn't need to be losing a mag in there... just a pain and risk with no real upside to it. Just as an example of why I form the opinion that I do on these. It's a deal-breaker for me. But for others hunting without crawling in briars, I can see where it may NOT be a deal-breaker, perhaps. I'd give a seldom-used body part to live and hunt in a place with no briars and brambles. [Say, incidentally, what kind of shoot-through tape or doodad should I use to protect the bore from mud? Cloth tape? Electrical tape? Other?]

Quote:
While not desirable, if you loose the magazine you still have a single shot rifle!
Well that's true. Unless you (a) brought no extra ammo, and (b) are the type that doesn't chamber load on your way to and from the ambush site. Then you are UTCWOAP (up the creek without a paddle), if you lose it en route to your spot(s). But as you imply, at least it's a push feed, so if you have one round in your pocket, you're still in the hunt; 'tis true.

Last edited by Unlicensed Dremel; August 2, 2014 at 04:45 PM.

Page generated in 0.02797 seconds with 8 queries