View Single Post
Old January 31, 2013, 10:40 PM   #1
Dragline45

Info On Carcano Bolt Action

I just picked up a Carcano bolt action rifle for $60 from a friends grandparents and would like some info on it if anyone is familiar with them. I read mixed reviews on them but figured why the hell not for $60.

How can I tell which round this rifle is chambered for? The rifle is marked FAT 41 if that helps. I read online Carcanos were chambered in a couple different calibers, and currently the only company that seems to make ammo for it is Privi Partizan. I live in Massachusetts so I cant buy ammunition online, ill have to have the shop I go to special order it. Also I read that the Privi bullets are undersized and don't shoot very accurately in the Carcano.

From personal experience can anyone tell me if these are safe to fire? I read online about checking the head space first before firing the gun since some people have experienced catastrophic failures from ruptured casings, especially with the older surplus ammunition.

Since ammunition will be so tough to get for me I was thinking maybe it might be worth it to just re-sell it. Any idea how much I could reasonably expect to get for it? If you were in my position would you keep or re-sell the rifle?

Any other info on this rifle is greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo(1).JPG (70.1 KB, 376 views)
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (94.6 KB, 379 views)

Page generated in 0.02951 seconds with 9 queries