View Single Post
Old September 26, 2005, 09:19 PM   #4
Lakewood Lobo

1858 Remington

Remington, like I said I use between 28 and 30 but I do prefer 30. It's recommended by Lee Reloading Supplies also. I've been shooting the black powder more than the smokeless though. More fun. You touch it off and all that smoke. You wait for it to clear and hope you hit the target. ) I've shot my Thompson Center .54 percussion (I call 'her' Big Bertha cause she's big, mean looking and deadly) so much I had to replace the lock. Haven't fired yet with the new lock in her. Just bought a Pedersoli flint lock. Never fired one before. This'll be a comedy of errors for sure. <LOL> I bought a Walker in .44 last year. Love that one . I drop in 50 grains and fire it off. Better use two hands too. Heavy son-of-a-gun. Good sized kick too. Lots of flame, smoke and bang. I wear my 1858's when I go to S.A.S.S. events and go as a conventioneer. This year I'm going as a Waddie (worker bee) and dressing down some. Then on Saturday my wife and I dress up in our finery and go strut our stuff as conventioneers. It's a hoot if you've never done it. I've met police, lawyers, doctors, maintenance workers, movie stuntmen, actors. People from all walks of life.
When did you leave and where are you now?

Page generated in 0.05504 seconds with 8 queries