View Single Post
Old July 23, 2008, 02:33 PM   #8
EricN

thoughts from another big fat guy....

Don,

Just a few thoughts from another big fat guy. The thing you need first is a belt. Not just any belt but a belt solid enough to stand up to the task of carrying. Beltman (sorry dont know how to do the link thing) probably makes the very best in this regard. If youre not ready to go with beltman or if the wait is too long I suggest a solid leather belt thats 1-1/2 inches wide. It doesnt have to be expensive just thick solid leather. Anything less than 1-1/2 inches doesnt seem to hold my holsters well and anything more only seem to fit my jeans.

I have a couple of suggestions when in comes to IWB holsters. The first is find a holster where the belt loops are spaced away from the frame of the gun. Keeping the loops away from the frame is not only more comfortable for me but seems to give me a more stable platform. I still recommend HBE leathers COM 3. I know Eric and his company have gotten beaten up in the forums but I have yet to find a more comfortable/durable IWB holster.

My next suggestion when it comes to IWB holsters is dont do it. While IWB holsters are easier to conceal, OWB holsters are much more comfortable for us larger folk. Not to mention that reholstering your weapon can be done with one hand using an OWB holster and most IWB holsters require two hands.

I hope this helps but as always YMMV.

EricN

Page generated in 0.02952 seconds with 8 queries