View Single Post
Old November 1, 2004, 09:23 AM   #11
Double Naught Spy

I just purchased the 20x version and haven't gotten it mounted yet. Basically in checking other boards, I found about the same as noted here. It is a really good scope for the money and is extremely durable. My only beef is that the crosshairs are a little thick for my liking, but should not be a problem for mid range shooting - inside 600 yards.

As for the issues of being stronger than steel, that always needs to be qualified in various manners. Steel is strong, but heavy for the strength it has compared to many other materials. Is the aluminum stronger than steel for the same weight or same thickness? How strength is measured is another issue. Is it in regard to tensile strength, shearing, crushing, hardness, or what? Where hardness is not a significant factor, aluminum is often a much better product to use for many applications. A rifle scope tube, aircraft structure, etc. are good examples.

Page generated in 0.03006 seconds with 8 queries