View Single Post
Old January 22, 2011, 10:01 PM   #8
Crosshair

Quote:
The realID and marijuana initiatives were liberal hot buttons ('against' and 'for', respectively.)
No offense, but most of my conservative friends are against the drug war as well as the RealID act. Neither of those is a left or right issue. Farming hemp is effectively legalized in North Dakota and that was passed by both parties in the state government. The state is getting impatient with the DEA and might very well tell the DEA to go do something very uncomfortable, as California has, and give the farmers the go ahead to start growing.

Quote:
Hammering a states-rights gun manufacturing initiative into the ground using the IC clause is would be red meat to the radical left. Holder would file suit ASAP.
California is giving the Federal government the double middle finger with their marijuana laws and look at what the Federal government has done about it: Bluster and talk, but hardly an inch of action. Chances are very good that it will be legalized across the board in CA next election. The drug war is a far bigger issue than gun laws and as the trend in state nullification picks up the Federal government is going to be in a real bind. They have too many balls in the air and the only question is how fast or slow things move forward..

Page generated in 0.02423 seconds with 8 queries