View Single Post
Old February 28, 2009, 04:33 PM   #21
Glenn E. Meyer

These threads usually have at their core a little bit of male posturing and refusal by some to accept the practical as compared to trying to maintain some dominance couched in a nuance of the law.

How dare the police disrespect me - how dare they take off my roscoe - I am a lesser man (or woman) without my roscoe. The law may say I can hold on to my big roscoe and not have to take out my big roscoe for them to hold.

However, I am schooled in understanding aggression and keys for it. I am cognizant of how police interactions can go awry. You don't know if the officer you are dealing with is under stress or whatever. Being surprised by your roscoe might scare him or her or make him or her angry.

As we see in self-defense classes, where roscoes of lethal force might be exposed, sometimes acting on pride or posturing is not wise. You can give ground if you want to avoid the thunder of the Roscoe.
Thus, it is a little inconvenience to avoid the officer taking a range of unpleasant actions for whatever reason. I tell them of the roscoe. I opine that puffing up about the legal issue just masks the true dominance conflict.

Another version is the one where after you have righteously shot a BG with your tricked out supergun. The law arrives and not being sure that you are the righteous defender of the truth sez: Drop it!

You posture to say - Why, I will tell the officer that I will carefully put down my roscoe. They should realize it is a quality roscoe and I am a good and righteous wielder of the roscoe. But then they might shoot you.

Seriously, if you understand the dynamics of lethal force, you want to minimize risk. If you don't want to, accept the risk. Gun in your ear or worse hollowpoint in your butt.

Page generated in 0.04786 seconds with 8 queries