View Single Post
Old August 6, 2012, 10:25 PM   #1
Cheapshooter

Are you doing things differently?

In light of the recent events, and some from a while back, are you doing things differently when it comes to CCW.
I used to think that I was well enough prepared by just slipping my Elsie Pea, or PM9 in a DeSantis Nemesis into my pocket. After all, most civilian self defense situations only involve one or two shots. Plus the likelihood of me ever actually needing to use the gun are somewhere below winning the lottery, and getting struck by lightning.
Now maybe time to rethink. Two mass murders by mad men in the last couple weeks, an attack on people at a political rally last year. tThe appearance of "flash mobs". Not the goofy singing and dancing ones, the violent vandalizing, and thieving ones that could turn deadly at any minute. And a "game" being played around the area by gangs of youths called the "knock out game". This is where a member or two of the group pick an innocent stranger to attack. Usually a senior citizen, or someone with a handicap. They hit them with a fist, or even worse a hard object to try and knock them out. An elderly man was killed last year in this game, and another earlier this year was left bleeding in the street.
So more often than not I now carry my Winter EDC, a Springer XD40 Subcompact with the 12 rnd extended mag in it, the 9 round mag in my pocket, and Elsie, or my Kahr CM9 in the other pocket as a bug.
Am I getting paranoid, or have things gotten ever closer to complete civil breakdown?
Have you changer your manner of CCW similarly?
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!

Page generated in 0.02688 seconds with 8 queries