View Single Post
Old November 7, 2007, 07:02 PM   #6
cdrt

If you're looking at using a 9mm for EIC matches, the first thing to do is go to the CMP website and download the latest rule book. It has a chart which indicates what mods can be done to either the 1911 Service Pistol in .45 ACP or the Beretta M9 in 9mm. The website is www.odcmp.com.

Only the M9 and some M92s and the 1911 are legal for EIC matches. The S&W Model 952 is not a legal EIC pistol.

For gunsmith mods to the M9, I would check with the Army Marksmanship Unit and see what they've been doing to them to get them to shoot. It's my understanding they go through barrel bushings a lot faster than the 1911.

We have one shooter (who is now Distinguished) who uses his EIC 1911 pistol for both Leg matches and regular NRA matches. He just changes out the recoil spring to a lighter 10 pound spring for his softball loads and then back to the factory std 16 pound spring for hardball. He just got his NRA Master classification card; so much for needing a red dot to compete.

There was a Clark Model 41 on www.gunbroker.com the other day. Not sure if it's still up for auction. I don't think it had any bids.

Send me a PM if there's any questions I can help you with off forum.
Navy Vet, SWIFT Boat OIC, Distinguished Pistol Shot #1399
USS JOHN S. MCCAIN (DDG-36)

Page generated in 0.03343 seconds with 8 queries