View Single Post
Old January 18, 2014, 03:52 PM   #96
robmints

To answer the original question, what's stopping me form buying one?

1. Long NFA wait times.
2. Excessive expense. This thing is basically a lawn-mower muffler. Any decent hobbiest could cobble one together in a garage welding shop for about $40.00 in materials, total. Maybe a few more dollars to buy a 1/2X28 tap for the threads.
3. I'm not going to pay a $200 tax for a lawnmower muffler, and I'm darned sure not going to pay the exorbitant prices that many manufacturers think they're worth.

My feelings exactly.

Ohazard, you are over-stating the technology involved in most firearm suppressors IMO. PawPaw does understate, but the cost should be somewhere in line with ParkerHale and what other manufacturers sell for in countries where they are legal and recommended.

Most suppressors should be between $200 and $600 and the companies would still make a very nice profit. If I could get a Sparrow for the $200 it should cost, pay the exorbitant tax of $200, and wait a reasonable amount of time for the background (like 2 weeks), I would buy one today. As it is I'll just keep using my airgun or subsonic out of a long barrel like a CZ UL.

Page generated in 0.03751 seconds with 8 queries