View Single Post
Old August 29, 2013, 11:30 AM   #1
Mystro

Leupold VX6 3x18 44mm Firedot..... quick observations...

Needed to upgrade the optics on my predator rifle so I moved my Docter scope to it and upgraded the JOC rifles optics..
The JOC rifle now wears Leupold's new top of the line VX6 series in 3x18 44mm with custom CDS and Firedot. Build quality and finish is top shelf all the way. Nothing plastic on the VX6, aluminum with rubber eyepiece. It certainly sets a new high end optic bar at Leupold being their halo scope. Clarity and eye relief is ridiculous. Field of view is wide and crisp from edge to edge on any power while retaining long eye relief. I chose the fine duplex Firedot. The illuminated Firedot is very clever. It is easily adjustable in brightness and doesn't create any residual reflection of light in the scope. The dot brightness can be dimmed to almost imperceptible low light use. It also has a motion sensor in it that turns off if the scope isnt moved for 5 minutes. It instantly comes back on with the slightest movement. You can even program the order the Firedot changes in brightness. Leupold will also make you a free CDS turret for the exact load and bullet you are using figuring many ballistic factors. They then custom laser engrave the turret for your scope. Turrets are easily interchangeable. The turrets are also low profile and won't snag while stalking. It seems to be outstanding in about every thing you could ever want in a optic. My eyes give it a equal match with the Swarovski Z6 3x18 in optics but I preferred the Luepold's design and layout better. My gut thinks the Leupold will be a tougher scope. All things considered the Leupold VX6 sets a new high standard for Leupold optics, competing with and bettering scopes costing 2-3x in money.. Its a stalking scope and a bean field scope all wrapped up into one package. The 3x18 is going to be very popular. IMO.

Specs:

Low power and High power
Actual Magnification Low3.00 x High 18.00 x
Linear Field of View (ft/100 yd) Low 38.00 ft High 7.00 ft
Linear Field of View (m/100 m) Low12.60 m High 2.30 m
Eye Relief (in) Low 3.70 in High 3.80 in
Eye Relief (mm)Low94.00 mm High 97.00 mm

Weight (oz) 21.80 oz
Weight (g) 618.00 g
Objective Clear Aperture (in) 1.70 in
Objective Clear Aperture (mm) 44.00 mm
Elevation Adjustment Range 75.00 moa
Windage Adjustment Range 75.00 moa

Quantum Optical System
Xtended Twilight Lens System
DiamondCoat 2
2nd Generation Argon/Krypton Waterproofing
Lead Free
6:1 Zoom Ratio
Generous Eyebox
FireDot Illumination
Pop-Up Rezero Adjustments
Blackened Lens Edges
Twin Bias Spring Erector System
Extreme Fast-Focus Eyepiece
CDS (Custom Dial System)
BAS (Ballistic Aiming System)
MST (Motion Sensor Technology)
1/4 MOA Finger Click
Extended Battery Life
30mm Maintube
Side Focus
Custom Shop serviceable
Tactile Power Selector
6061-T6 Aircraft Quality Aluminum
Leupold Scope Cover
24K Gold Ring and Medallion

"Ask not what you can do for your country, but what free entitlements you can bleed from your country"

Last edited by Mystro; August 29, 2013 at 05:03 PM.

Page generated in 0.04060 seconds with 8 queries