View Single Post
Old July 26, 2011, 08:30 AM   #23
bitttorrrent

have kids but no safe. my dad is getting one for me, so most of my guns are in his gunroom safe.

my current safe for longuns is on top of an armoir in den. i can barely reach it and with cable locks and ammo in separate place.

i am going to get a snap on type locking safe - has a key and just as good in my opinion as the cheap metal safes at Cabelas. Plus it has sliding drawers for parts and ammo and cleaning stuff. i can bolt it down also.

I think it is 36" wide so i think my upcoming shotgun purchase will fit.

not too worried about stealing, more to keep the kids out. if it is in a locked metal case with cable lock it should be good.

My Dad used to leave a loaded .38 revolver in a concealed closet in the basement that I was not supposed to touch. I of course being 12+ yrs old would show it to my friends - safely not pointing it etc. - but it is the other kids you have to worry about that do not have any training and have never held a gun. I was wrong, but I was a 12 yr. old boy.

They WILL FIND AND HANDLE your guns if they are accessible. That is a known so make sure they are in a safe, cable locked and ammo separate. Believe me I know.

Page generated in 0.02232 seconds with 8 queries