View Single Post
Old September 27, 1999, 08:41 AM   #1
Bruce from West Oz

Wow! What a (long) weekend!!!

My club held the 1999 State Field Rifle and 3-Positonal Titles at the range Sat, Sun and Mon (public holiday).

We had 30 shooters in Centrefire, and 60 in Rimfire.

The weather was horrendous. During the weekend we had gale force winds, a storm weather alert, thunderstorms with lightning, torrential rain, sleet and hail!!!!!

One target backer, with 240 kg of sand on the legs, was picked up by the wind like a sail!!

Despite that, our Commonwealth Games medallist, Les Imgrund, shot two new State records! (How I'll never know).

It meant long days for the Club organisers (us!). Saturday, 6.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.; Sunday 6.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m.; and today 7.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. I'm so tired I van hardly type this.

We worked out that approximately 40 kg (about 88lbs) of lead and brass went dowrange over the weekend (including practice etc.).

Oh yes -- I won a silver medal (2nd) for 3-P Rimfire, which officially makes me the second best in the entire State for Rimfire 3-P.

Goodnight, folks, I'm heading for the cot -- I reckon I'll get a good 8 hours sleep before work tomorrow!

Cheers

B

Page generated in 0.02326 seconds with 8 queries