View Single Post
Old April 16, 2009, 11:29 PM   #18
Wrangler5

I've used a Loadmaster since they were first introduced and have had great success with it. But I could NOT get the bullet feeder to work with 9mm 124g FMJ bullets (which is what I load, mostly.) If there were too many bullets in the feed tube there wasn't enough strength in the mechanism to move the bottom one. And the tip would usually catch on the jacket of the one above (solid bottom jacketed bullets were more expensive than what I use.) Then, the gripping fingers would frequently just drop the bullet before it got aligned with the rising case. (I had the impression that it just might work perfectly on something like 148g wadcutters for 38 special, but I don't load much of that so never checked it out.)

I think the bullet feeder is the only Lee product I've just chucked in the trash. All the rest of my Lee equipment has been worth more than its cost - hand press, single stage presses, turret press, priming devices, powder measures and dies. Sometimes quirky, and yes there is some plastic, but for MY money it''s the best way to produce ammunition. All except for the bullet feeder, that is.

Page generated in 0.02206 seconds with 8 queries