View Single Post
Old May 4, 2013, 07:35 PM   #72
Metal god

Hey welcome to TFL YELLOWDOGSLAYER you will like it here . Lots of good stuff and very knowledgeable people here . I'm part of a few firearm forums and none come close to TFL . Now If I could only stop breaking the rules here .

I have no intention of taking game out that far just wanted to give an idea of how much energy I wanted . If your ever going to take out a moose at 400 yards you better have something that will thump it pretty hard that far away .

I really have this new fascination with the 338 Federal cartridge . The problem is it goes against everything this thread is about . There are not a lot of rifles I have found chambered in it and it seems to be pretty hard to find ammo on-line for it so I could just imagine how hard it will be to find it in my local stores . I'm really stuck on the 308 family . just cus I've always wanted a 243 and have 308s so I'm already on my way to a large family .

Now to make it all work . Anybody have any thoughts on my idea to use the AR10 platform rather then a bolt action . Really I'm looking at the LMT mws or armalite AR10 for this idea of one rifle multiple calibers in the same parent case family . Looking to have one rifle with 3 barrels . 243 , 308 , 338 . I was looking at the cost to do what I've been talking about . WoW very spendy . I could buy three different rifles for less then doing the whole barrel switch-a-roo thing . I'm really liking the semi auto thing though .

Page generated in 0.03464 seconds with 8 queries