View Single Post
Old September 22, 2011, 05:00 PM   #16
AmmoNerd

Sevens. While I appreciate your opinions, but I must respectfully disagree with you. I do not want this thread to turn into a caliber war. I just want to express my reasons for starting with this fickle cartridge. I am fully aware of the dangers associated with the .40. I chose this cartridge for SD/HD due to it offering the best balance of terminal ballistics, frame size, magazine capacity and cost.

My desire to start reloading was primarily motivated by the cost issue so I can get more practice per dollar spent on ammo.

I am a skilled craftsman by occupation and am reasonably confident in my dedication to the fine details (which by your statements is crucial to producing safe ammunition in this caliber)

I plan to take the approach of measure, measure, measure and when your absolutly sure its right measure again. This means weighing every charge
and checking every OAL and crimp diameter to be absolutly positive that each round is viable. I am not worried about speed I just want safe, reliable and accurate ammo to practice with that wont break the bank every time I go to the range.

Page generated in 0.03123 seconds with 8 queries