View Single Post
Old November 2, 1999, 08:41 PM   #11
EQUALIZER

Spectre,

Just saw your post and I stand corrected. I think that I got the Tacticle 6 & 7 confussed. I was thinking that the 6 was the compact model. Thanks for the clarification.
As for the "clicking". I noticed that too on my first pair from MidWay. In addition there was a slight "buzzing" sound when at certain levels of continual external sounds. I also found the volume level to be too low for my liking. Sent the pair back w/letter of explanation. They replaced them w/a new pair that didn't have the noises and amplified better. No problems since. I contacted the company about this too. They told me that a certain lot was produced with a defect and they corrected it. The Peltor company also sent me an extra pair of thicker foam cushions that make the muffs that much more comfortable for extended wear.

Giz,
Do you know who is a distributer for ESP? I always use plugs w/the muffs turned up at the range. It does cut down on the blast.

I agree with you guys that don't believe cost to be a factor. I believe that hearing protection is some of the best safety equiptment a man can invest in. I just wish that I held this view when I was a teenager blowing away my hearing w/my music, and with certain work around machinery.

------------------
"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip; and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." -Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36, see John 3:15-18)

Page generated in 0.02813 seconds with 8 queries