View Single Post
Old August 9, 2012, 01:04 PM   #48
wogpotter

I think it breaks into several parts. Lets start with who needs what?

How do you shoot a 10-round group with a 7-shot magazine?

If I go squirrel hunting on a camping trip in the woods for several days (which I’ve done) a single 25 round magazine is easier than 2 10-rounders & a reload in deep leaf litter.

I shoot in steel plate matches where there are several plates at 100, 200, 300, 400,500, & 600 Yds. The object of the match is to drop them all faster than the other shooter. Trust me on this you’ll want more than 7 rounds for that kind of shooting, I frequently use 5 X 20 round ones, if they weren’t so long I’d be using 30’s!

Using dueling post targets the match lasts longer with bigger magazine capacities.

I’d say there’s a need there. Maybe you don’t feel a need but others who do different things might & it not just about your needs.

Next I’d ask why is the need even relevant?
I know of no reason why a need is mandatory; sometimes a want is what is the driving force is made up of. The fun of making a foam ball target bounce about for 25 rounds is more entertaining than having to stop after 5, that’s reason enough for me, I don’t NEED to do it, but I do enjoy doing it.

Elderly Hunter: “That's dashed unsporting. Probably Belgium.”

Page generated in 0.03421 seconds with 8 queries