Thread: New Miha mold
View Single Post
Old July 11, 2012, 08:29 AM   #12
snuffy

Quote:
How do you clean/adjust the sprue plate and the mold face?

Is adjusting the alignment pins pretty much like tweaking the H&Gs?
The sprue plate should never need cleaning if you're running the mold using bull plate sprue plate lube. It was sold by a guy in Alaska that has since gone out of business. It's simply synthetic 2 cycle motor oil. Sprue plate is put on a hot mold in places you want a thin film to prevent lead from sticking. The hinge for the sprue plate, guide pins and under the sprue plate and on the top of the mold. Miha provides a small bottle with each mold. It's a high temp lube that does NOT oxidize, but prevents lead build up and lubricates too.

He also provides a top punch for Lyman and RCBS lubrisizers. It fits the top of the bullet precisely.

As for the guide pins, Miha is using a new design. The old pins were a round nose design that slid into a precise hole in the opposing block. The new ones are a more truncated cone type that align precisely with a tapered hole in the other side. Lock-up is positive. If they ever were to wear,(the lube should prevent that), I'm sure a nudge on the back of the pins would make them tighten up.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Last edited by Shane Tuttle; August 10, 2012 at 09:15 AM. Reason: bullet

Page generated in 0.02658 seconds with 8 queries