View Single Post
Old October 14, 2011, 03:21 PM   #13
aarondhgraham

Still can't carry it to work,,,

I work at Oklahoma State University

Oklahoma recently changed their law so I can at least leave it secured in my car on the campus parking lot,,,
So I purchased one of the lock boxes that cables to your car seat brackets,,,
I pull into the lot and park, then lock it up and go to work.

I believe this came about as an extension of state law forbidding employers to ban guns in their private parking lots,,,
Conoco-Phillips fired several people who then sued them in return and miraculously won their case.

It did get a bit tense when an employee saw me transfer the gun from my briefcase to the lock-box,,,
She called the Campus Police who were all for arresting me on the spot,,,
Good thing I had a copy of the statute that said "...any university".

Normal schools from elementary to high school still have the restriction,,,
With the one exception being you can have your carry weapon while you drop off or pick up your kid,,,
The bugaboo there is you can't exit your car, park and leave the gun, or even turn your car motor off while on campus.

The most recent change in the law (which isn't in the website yet) is for the Career Tech campuses,,,
Faculty, staff, and students who can legally own/transport a firearm may leave it secured in their car in the parking areas.

Oklahoma has two completely different school systems for academic and vocational schools,,,
In most cases the campuses are completely separate from each other and often in different parts of town,,,
Our Career Tech campuses have a high percentage of adult students so this was a real victory for RKBA in Oklahoma.

Aarond
Aarond is good,,, Aarond is wise,,, Always trust Aarond! (most of the time)

Page generated in 0.02748 seconds with 8 queries