View Single Post
Old August 16, 2012, 08:39 PM   #37
old roper

Wife and I plan on entire archery season here which is 30 days and were leaving this coming tues get camp set up and little scouting and be set for opening day on the 25th. On our last trip we seen some bulls high and some cows low 7500ft and some of the drainage have water and good feed.

I also drew rifle season cow elk tag/buck tag Nov 3-11th and I''ll be same units as archery and those 30 days if season last that long get me in better shape for rifle season.

I didn't have elk archery tag last year and I got into elk 3rd day of season and wife got into them week later she got within 60yds good experience for her so she been working on her calling and few other things. She also decide after archery last year no more rifle hunting likes the warmer weather me I'd never give up the rifle.

I'm lucky at 70 and still able to get up around timber line and hunt like I want and it just takes me little long to get places and may have to take extra trip packing meat out but that's what it's all about.
NRA Life Member

Page generated in 0.03779 seconds with 8 queries