View Single Post
Old October 22, 2009, 10:52 AM   #10
USAFNoDak

Airport Baggage Claim Areas are Soft Targets.

I have traveled quite a bit and I've always been uneasy about how unsecure the baggage claim areas are. In many airports, one can easily walk around the baggage claim area without ever having gone through security. Who would notice someone carrying a suitcase which happened to be loaded with high explosives. By carefully watching and documenting times of day at select airports where the baggage claim areas are packed with travelers, terrorists could plan out a synchronized attack involving multiple airports with suicide bombers carrying suitcases full of explosives. What would this do psychologically to Americans and airline travel? Most people in airports cannot and will not be armed for obvious reasons. While you must go through security to get to the gate areas and to board a plane, that is not the case for the baggage claim areas. If I can figure this out, how long will it take for someone else with evil in mind to do so as well.

Right now, we have to hope that they have an extremely hard time getting their hands on explosives. How hard is that for them to accomplish? I don't rightly know. Of course, they could also smuggle guns into the baggage claim area and kill as many as they had ammo for before being taken down themselves. If they are suicide terrorists, they don't care about being taken out in the end. They would be focused on killing as many people as they could before they go down.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams.

Last edited by USAFNoDak; October 22, 2009 at 10:55 AM. Reason: added more to the last paragraph.

Page generated in 0.02902 seconds with 8 queries