View Single Post
Old March 11, 2009, 05:59 PM   #17
MrSardonicus

Quote:
They expect a $1000 safe to protect how many thousands of dollars of guns????
It's like that with everything...I have customers who build million dollar homes and then install $9.00 locks.
How good are the locks, doors, hinges, and jambs on your house? What is the quality of your windows? Do you have a security door, or bars on your windows? (none of which am I insisting you should. And not intended as an accusational question directed at any one person, merely intended to provoke thought)
I hear it all the time; "locks (or safes for that matter) are just to keep honest people honest. If the BG wants in, he's getting in."
If this is true, why even bother locking your house or safe or anything? The first line of defense against a BG even getting to your safe is keeping him/her out of your house. It's all just a false sense of security, right? NO!!! If you are truly interested in defending your home, your safe, your guns, your car etc. from unauthorized entry, consult a professional. You may have to lay down some cash, but it can be done. We have the technology if you have the $$.
When looking at securing anything one must evaluate which areas are weakest to attack, and then take steps to mitigate said weakness. Even if you decide not to spring for the most expensive and top of the line, with a little fore-thought, research and elbow grease one can send a message to prospective offenders that says "this here is a waste of your time, sonny. Move on."
One should not take for granted the self-aggrandizing claims of any company on behalf of it's own product, or rely solely on their claims of quality.

Ok, Ok, sorry about the rant. So says one of the Fantastic Four...so says I: "Flame On!!":

Page generated in 0.02400 seconds with 8 queries