View Single Post
Old April 27, 2001, 11:46 AM   #14
Gunslinger

Runt, that last post impress's me even more than I have been impressed with you in the past, which has been considerable.
I spent my entire adult life as an LEO and am now retired. My third wife (yes, I said third) was a police officer as well. We met on the job while working for Kansas City MO PD. She was all of five seven and weighed in at between 112 and 117 pounds at any given time. To this day, even though we have been divorced for several years and both retired nearly as many, if ever I needed a back up I'd choose her over all of the big, macho, hairy legged male officers I worked with.
Given your dedication and common sense approach I think you would make an excellent police officer. (That is the greatest compliment that I or any other officer can ever offer and I do not extend it lightly.) But, alas, given the same reasons you have illustrated in that post I would recommend against it. It pained me to tell my 22 year old son a couple of years ago when asked not to go into law enforcement.

But in a different time and under different circumstances I would be honored and feel perfectly safe to have you by my side in the worse brawl.

Page generated in 0.02225 seconds with 8 queries