View Single Post
Old November 17, 2009, 11:09 PM   #6
Christchild

Quote:
I don't believe tumblers clean the inside of cases as it does not seem mechanically possible for media to enter the case and churn inside (see pictures of the insides of brass in article below). The churn happens on the outside but there is nothing to continue the process on the inside of the case.
I disagree. Unless You're tumbling assembled cartridges, the Media fills the case and acts on the same action as the rest of the media. Each case I pull out of my tumbler has to be tapped 'til it's empty of media.

I do believe, however, that the powder leaves a stain on the inside because that's where the powder is burning (obviously). The exterior of the case stays clean because it's pressed against the walls of the chamber, which, again, is why the exterior of the case neck eventually gets stained...the case neck is at the site of the action, upon ignition.

My cases come out Fantastic, with plain, Treated Corn Cob Media. They're not shiny inside but they're clean. The media DOES clean inside. It's "mechanics" are that it's (media) small enough to work it's way into the case, and everything in the Tumbler vibrates, and quite aggresively so.

Page generated in 0.03277 seconds with 8 queries