View Single Post
Old November 4, 2008, 05:46 AM   #32
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Properly applied, it could very well buy you time to draw your pistol as a last resort, or get your tail out of there.
Of course, I first need time to draw my strike bezel flashlight, properly apply it in order to draw my pistol...

I guess having a pseudo sharper edge on everything I own is a good thing, although everything with a sharp edge like that when marketed is marketed as some sort of super fighting tool. I really liked the image above to the carotid strike with the Surefire light. The 'carotid strike' always sounds really cool and with the Surefire, you can really make it possible...or so it would appear. I have seen this demonstrated with a variety of weapons ranging from car keys to credit cards, knifes, sticks, kubatons, and ball point pens.

From what I have seen, those most apt to be able to really apply such technology in the cool ninja-like manners often dramatically illustrated are those who already have considerable martial arts training, such as Steve Tarani. Is there anything that man can't use as a weapon?

I mean, come on, these bezels have been around for how long...and how many reports have we seen about their real world use in self defense?

Yes, I have one, too. With the incandescent and xenon bulbs, I just thought of it as a nice heated ice scraper...a tactical option not often readily reported and now no longer in favor because the LED units don't get hot enough to be helpful.

Page generated in 0.02524 seconds with 8 queries