View Single Post
Old September 16, 2000, 04:18 PM   #21
Skorzeny

The Observer:

Let me quote you here "A farm boy can beat a black belter of any martial arts if the farm boy has a strong body and knows the basic of boxing and basic blockings."

I am sorry, but that kind of statement makes me wonder about the quality of "black belters" you have been exposed to.

So-called "traditional Karate" training has been found be lacking in realistic street fighting techniques, but that does not mean a "farm boy" can beat any martial artist.

In fact, that very statement tells me that you have been only exposed to unrealistic, possibly fluff, martial artists (the kind that teach Tae Kwon Do as "Korean Karate").

I urge this "farm boy" to show up at a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu school or a Shooto gym (or even a Muay Thai school) and try to use his minimal boxing skills and see what happens.

Man, did you miss out on the martial arts/no hold barred fighting scene for the past ten years or what?

Dragoontooth:

We've already had this discussion. You already explained to me why you didn't train at Kodokan or at a University Judo club (I know, too tough, too competitive).

But you mention Shooto (ahhh, music to my ears, as I practice it). You ever check out KzFactory (Sato Rumina) or Pure-Bred gym (Enson Inoue)?

Skorzeny

------------------
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence. Sun Tzu

[This message has been edited by Skorzeny (edited September 16, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.03457 seconds with 8 queries