View Single Post
Old February 13, 2009, 12:30 PM   #17
mddevildog

Holsters for women

Glad to see a female offered some advice. Greetings and hello to all. I'm new to this forum, but not to the world of firearms. Some good advice put forth here. Actually, holsters for women has been somewhat of a project for me for the past several years. There aren't many "holster makers" out there who cater to womens needs, and although I know they are trying, most don't produce what I consider suitable product. No disrespect to "Shorts", just saw by your profile you make holsters, but I'm not familiar with them, do you have a web site? Anyway, as already stated, you may have to try many, and you may also need to use different models based on clothing and environment. One thing you need to remember, carrying concealed does not meld well with fashion. IWB vs. belt carry, ankle carry, etc. are all options and then you need to weigh accessability against concealbility. Blade Tech makes a belt holster designed to ride lower and offset. Safariland is now making some holsters that can be lowered, offset, and even offer a somewhat adjustable cant. If the body type and apparell permit, I like IWB appendix. I know there are draw backs, but you need to weigh them as well. Easy access, easier to protect, easier access from seated, can be drawn with little movement of upper body. Remember, firearms were not supposed to be comfortable, they are supposed to be comforting. I could say alot more, but I'll stop now. Everyone stay safe.
RB

Page generated in 0.03684 seconds with 8 queries