Thread: 32 mag vs 32-20
View Single Post
Old April 1, 2006, 08:48 AM   #9
gak

Also, in the past two years Ruger did a run of Vaqueros (old model) in convertible (dual cylinder) .32-20/.32 H&R Mag, and while discontinued they are still readily found, usually in stainless 5-1/2" format. The Ruger, while very nice, makes for a pretty heavy gun (like Colt SAAs in .32-20 are to other SAAs) - even heavier than normal because of the small caliber "hole" (and cylinder cartridge holes), i.e., vs the .357s and .44s/.45s. VArious Ubertis are available in .32-20/.32Mag convertibles as well - including a 7/8ths scale SAA (to take advantage of the fact the .32-20 or .32 Mag is shorter in cartridge length than the .44s/.45s the regular SAA is scaled to. (ditto a "dedicated" .38 Special re the 7/8ths scale gun) with regular and birdshead grips.

Re levers, while I know of no "convertible" .32-20/.32 Mag rifles (due to the shape and size differences already mentioned by Mike Irwin), Marlin has made "dedicated" .32 Mag lever for a few years now. Also, Armi Sport (through Taylor's and Cimarron) has a Win 92 copy available - in takedown, regular and carbine forms (no carbine in the Cimarron to date) and you wouldn't know about Taylor's carbine or solid long rifle formats except for their hardcopy catalog as they don't show on their website. Also, Taurus is about to come out with (has been advertising for 9 months + now) a .32 Mag lever gun in long (22"?) and carbine/trapper (16") forms. Dedicated .32-20 levers are also available through Uberti (I believe)-made 1873 Win copies through the various usual distributors.

Page generated in 0.02072 seconds with 8 queries