View Single Post
Old July 23, 2012, 09:24 AM   #1
Southern Shooter

Edited: Glock 17 & 147 Grain 9mm JHP @ 1,000+ FPS for a Trail Gun??

Firstly, I like Jeff Quinn's definition of a trail gun:
Quote:
A trail gun, to me , is the gun which you carry when doing something else. A tool to ride unobtrusively on the hip or in the pocket to fill the job when the need arises.
http://www.gunblast.com/little_big_gun.htm

Typically, this bullet would be considered for 2-legged predators. But, I am wondering...in the woods as a Trail Gun...is the 147 grain 9mm JHP @ a little faster than 1,000 FPS worth carrying?

Not sure if round capacity would be important in this consideration...but, the capacity would be 17 rounds.

Opinions? Experiences? Does anybody even carry such when they are in the woods or out for a day hike?

Thanks
"My plea is that we stop seeking out the storm and enjoy more fully sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life we accentuate the positive. I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good, that we still our voices of insult and sarcasm, that we more generously compliment and endorse virtue and effort." Gordon B. Hinckley

Last edited by Southern Shooter; July 23, 2012 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Modifying Title from "woods protection" to "Trail Gun"

Page generated in 0.02238 seconds with 8 queries