View Single Post
Old January 1, 2012, 07:56 PM   #24
603Country

Warbirdlover, on the windows that I use in my blinds I have finally gotten pretty good at knowing what I want and building it. You can add the windows by building the window assembly at the house and then easily installing it (or them) at the blind. I just make a open box out of 2X4's and use a table saw to cut two lengthwise grooves (about 1/4 inch apart) in the top and the bottom 2X4's. If the window is 4 feet long, I cut four 12 inch plexiglass windows. Stagger them in the grooves and you can just slide the middle panes out to the sides. Gives you 2 feet of opening to shoot from, and you can slide the panes closed as much as you like to block the wind. Then just take the assembly, which you sized wide enough to fit the front or the sides of the blind and put it in place with screws (through the plywood into the frame or through the frame into the side support boards.

Make the grooves a bit wider than necessary so the panes won't get stuck when the 2X4's get wet and swell. Make the top grooves 1/2 inch deeper than needed so that the panes can be lifted and removed when necessary.

I prefer this method to the 'all open' or 'all closed' type windows.

Page generated in 0.03554 seconds with 8 queries