View Single Post
Old July 20, 2005, 10:28 PM   #1
Eisande

Sniper scope camera for training

Our agency is going to be hosting a regional SWAT training day in a few months. I am brainstorming various scenarios and ideas for it. Basically 4 or 5 teams from other agencies will come to the training location ( a series of abandoned buildings in Los Angeles) and rotate throught various incidents.

I have attended these kinds of trainings as a participant before and have always found them to be very informative, not just from what our team did, but watching and learning from other teams.

ANYWAY! As one of the snipers on our team I often notice that few scenarios allows us to do much more than observer the front door until the entry team goes in. Very rarely is there a scenario in which we get to take a shot. Of course this is primarily due to the fact that there is no "Simunitions" for long rifles.

Sooo what I was thinking was..wouldn't it be interesting if we could hook up my scope to a camera so that we can actually record what I am seeing? On top of that..when it comes time for the "shot" maybe there could be some kind of snap cap in the chamber that would allow us to actualy pull the trigger and then it would grab that frame of the video (1/29th of second should be accurate enough) for review.

Anyone have ideas about this? Also, if you have ideas for general SWAT scenarios please let me know as well.

Page generated in 0.02826 seconds with 8 queries