View Single Post
Old November 30, 2004, 03:30 AM   #12
Nnobby45

Like OfcrBill, I too like my Rockchuker. For rifle or heavy revolver cartridges that I don't shoot a lot. For lots of shooting, I couldn't do it without my Dillon 55B. I went to the expense of buying extra fully equipped tool heads set up for different calibers. I load too many calibers to be constantly taking dies out of the press and replacing and readjusting then for each caliber change.

Dillon replaces all broken or warn out parts with a phone call. I've had parts in two days. Been using my 550B for about 15 yrs. Don't consider anything but carbide dies. You don't want to be lubing all those thousands of cases and then cleaning them off. Get a case tumbler, also. Talk to the folks at Dillon, and they'll steer you in the right direction. I realize there are other good presses shooters recommend, and I confess to owning only the Dillon.

Listen to old Nnobby45-- better to upgrade to the best now than fiddle around with an economical slower press to start, and then upgrade 'cause you can't load enough to satisfy your shooting needs.

Page generated in 0.03254 seconds with 8 queries