View Single Post
Old July 14, 2012, 04:01 PM   #5
AK103K

From what Ive been finding out over the past couple of months, the answer is a definite "maybe, maybe not".

I recently picked up an AAC M4-2000 for my AR's and have been having varying levels of success and frustration with it.

With my S&W M&P15T, I see little if any difference with the can on the gun. Groups are about the same and POI is what it is without the can on the gun. Shoot 5 or shoot 30, and they are all in there.

With my Armalite M15A4(T), its been a little different. Without the can on the gun, it will shoot 1/4-3/8" groups with my reloads at 100 yards. With the can on, using the same ammo, its anywhere from 3/4" to a couple of inches at the same distance, and nothing is consistent. As the gun heats up, things tend to get steadily worse too. One minute its shooting tight groups POA, the next, 2" groups somewhere else. With the "can" zero, the cold shot, and next four of five shots are usually spot on, after that, if you continue to shoot, things start to fall apart. Allow the gun to cool, and youre back to zero.

POA/POI is also different when the can is on, and POI is usually about 2" left and 2" below where it is without the can on the gun.

Page generated in 0.03247 seconds with 8 queries